This is old… well not that old, I was tagged a while back then published this note on July 03 2010. In a way I hope to redo this questionnaire as my spirituality has grown and changed a lot. For now, read up on my old answers =]
Do you have a magickal name?
– Yes, I’ve had it for a while, it’s actually my name, but in Quenyr, which is one of the Elvish languages from Lotr! Merenwen Calaelen.
Does it have a special meaning?
– At first, it was just about me. I believe the energy I hold, create and work with comes from within and so i wanted my name to be the same, but in another language. I fell in love with the Lotr books and the movies just made me want to learn Elvish!! Haha!!
How did you find Wicca/Paganism?
– In a book store, due to the movies Practical Magic and The Craft. I know I know… movies eh??
How long have you been practicing?
– I’ve been practicing broad paganism, combining Witchcraft, Tameran witchcraft and Wicca for the past 10 years, though these days I don’t associate myself with Wicca much.
Solitary or group practitioner?
–Solitary witch here! I love working in teams and groups, but my spirituality is something I hold dear to me… sorry…
What is your path?
– I’m just your unique Buddhist Yogic Witch! I do however follow paganism of the classical world, that being Roman, Greek and Egyptian. I’m also a student of the Yogic Sutras and Buddhism.
Are you out of the broom closet?
– So far on here and YouTube. A few special friends know and my mum has a rough idea, but apart from that its not something I bring up often.
– I love them!! Like i said before I work with the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Hindu and Buddhist deities more.
Who are your patron Gods?
– I have several as the Gods tend to pick me when they like or want something. Apollo recently picked me until i made an altar in his honor and now I can commune with him often. Anubis, Osiris, Ra and a few more…
Who are your patron Goddesses?
– I have several. Sekhmet, Isis, Nut and a few more…
Do you fear dark aspects of the Gods/Goddess, or rather, respect them?
– I respect them. They are the other lessons one must learn in life, otherwise you won’t be able to enjoy the good aspects.
Do you worship the Christian God?
– No, but i respect him and I also dig Jesus.
Do you ever worship animals? Or plants?
– I do in some ways (gotta go with Jack on that). I wouldn’t randomly go pray to the neighbor’s cat though…
Do you regularly commune with nature?
– I try to on occasion. I like to meditate in the garden or do a little gardening.
Ever walked barefoot in the woods?
Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature?
– Not to talk to nature…. I was with the Army Cadets…
Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth?
– When I was in Spain 2004. I was paddling around in the sea and suddenly i felt warm and safe. I didn’t mind drifting out to sea… I went out pretty far!!
What is/are your power animal(s)?
– Anything related to the wolf or dog.
Do you have a familiar?
– Nope. I wish I did, but gotta wait till I buy my first house then I’m getting 2 Doberman!!
Have you ever called upon the powers of an animal in ritual? Or a plant?
– I do when calling the quarters. I don’t call the animal per se but I have to imagine them as Qebeksnuf, Duamutef, Imsety and Hapi as they each have heads of animals, though Imsety doesn’t…
Do you hug trees?
— Yep, but haven’t in a long time!
Give them gifts?
– I water my aunts tree??
What is your favorite flower to work with?
– Rose, Chrysanthemum and Elder.
What is your favorite tree to work with?
Wheel of the Year
What are your favorite holidays?
– I celebrate a slightly different variation of the Sabbats…. As I don’t follow Wicca and follow my own path, my favorite holiday would be the day of Ra, which is June 21 and the pagan Samhain and Mysteries of the Underworld and Osiris at October 31 and I also love Apollo day on July 7.
What if your least favorite holiday?
– I don’t think I have one…
Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday?
– Yeah for the Gods, otherwise it a great time to thank the Gods, honor them with offerings and be merry!
Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a pagan holiday?
– I haven’t yet as my days fall perfectly so far, but I intend to in the future.
Do you celebrate Yule on the 21st rather than the 25th?
– I celebrate both. The Egyptian Yule and I honor the Roman Gods on the 25th right through until the God Janus breaks at midnight 31st Dec.
Have you ever felt the Veil thin?
– Halloween 03 and 07.
Ever danced the Maypole?
– Yeah when I was at lower school.
Know what the Maypole symbolizes?
– Yep fertility and the blood flowing within.
Ever made love on Beltane?
– Not as of yet :P!!!
How do you usually celebrate the pagan holidays?
– Egyptian, Roman and Greek style!
Do you use Tarot?
Do you use runes?
Do you use a pendulum?
Do you use dowsing rods?
Do you use astrology?
– Basic knowledge
Any other form of divination?
–Dreams, tea leaves, scrying, crystal casting, cartomancy, bibliomancy and meditation.
What was the first spell you did?
– A bully freeze, to stop a boy from bulling me. And it bloody worked!!
What was the latest?
– Same as Jack, I don’t talk about spells or rituals I perform until a year or so after, it breaks the energy flow.
Ever done a love spell?
– 2x and it turned out very bad…. those guys were total jerks!
A job spell?
A healing spell?
What was the most powerful spell you’ve ever performed?
– I have done a few… I’m zipped!!
Do you believe in Vampires? Werewolves? Shape shifters? Elves? Faeries? Dragons? Nymphs? Sprites? Mermaids? Sirens? Satyrs?
– I believe in the moral stories surrounding them. But if i had to choose, I’d say, Faeries, Elves, satyrs, Sirens, Mermaids and Dragons. Do Angels count??
– 100% yes.
Ever “seen” any of the above?
Ever talked to any of the above?
Ever called on any of the above in magick?
Do you have one of them as a personal guardian?
– So far an Angel who I love to bits!
Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon?
– Neither. I see smiling lips.
Own a cat?
–Used to, but she got old and had to be put down…
When you meditate what does your sacred/safe place look like?
–It’s my room… Lots of candles and flowers everywhere.
Do you work with Chakras?
– I do so following yoga, not the Wiccan way… I also open energy points through tai chi and a form of Egyptian meditation.
Do you believe in soul mates?
– Yes, but I am not 100% on it as i have been close but I believe in twin flames?
Ever met one?
– I have once.
Do you have a Spirit guide?
– The Jackal and Wolf
Is it always love and light?
–100% no; It would be great if it was but there has to be balance. For me everything is balanced. (Gotta go with Jack again, I love balance in all things, that’s why I stopped following Wicca…)