I’ll do this every so often as I love a good book. I’d live a very boring life without a good book. It’s almost as if books are the medicine that not only steal our minds away from the everyday taunt of life, but they also manage to make us think, act certain ways and keep us sane. Cheers to the written word.
Some people can say The Secret by Rhonda Byrne changed their lives forever, some say the word’s that came from the mind of the Great William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde or Edgar Allen Poe made them change the way they think about the human thought and emotion; they certainly did for me. I admire how a writer can say so much about something so little, and its even more astonishing when you feel something special when you finish the book you have read.
So just for the sake of loving books, writing and well… sharing, I thought it would be nice to list a few books that have changed my mind and/or life. In non-extravigant writ, my faveourite books (so far):
- Dracula –Bram Stoker (this is a must read if you want a glimpse into the mind of the victim, love and what I call a true vampire novel.)
- Moab is My Washpot – Stephen Fry (he reminds me of me… except for the crime part… I was way to innocent as a child and always recovering from the cuts and grazes fromt eh school bullies.)
- Snakes & Earring’s – Hitomi Kanehara (just damn good read!)
- The Virgin Suicides’ – Jeffery Eugenides
- Perfume: Story of a Murderer – Patrick Süskind
- Rameses: Son of the Light – Christian Jacq (oooh, I like Rameses)
- Brida – Paulo Coehlo (If you happen to be a Wiccan and you’re wondering about tools, read this.)
- The Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu (Important values I live by.)
- Shanghai Baby & Marrying Buddha – Wei Hui (Banned in China, and it’s two of my major faves! After reading them I felt more aware of writing as a career and aware of myself as a single person.)
- Hamlet & Macbeth- Shakespeare (Shakespeare? Need I explain?)
- Peter & Max – Bill Willingham
- Lord Byron: The Major Works – Lord Byron
- The Da Vinci Code & The Lost Symbol – Dan Brown (Gosh! Do I need explain why I like these books? Plus, for those of you who don’t know, they are FICTION! (sarcasm…))
That’s just to name a few… I have read a load of books, but I never read them one by one. I’ll read the first four chapters of one book and then start reading two more books at the same time, chapter after chapter.
What are your favourite books?
Sy, your internet NeRd!