taken from my other blog – ecwitch.blogspot.com
I read in a magazine recently that through positivity, continuous reminders and the law of attraction you can make dreams come true. You also need to know the very basics of Karma. No you don’t have to be religious or a follower of old world or new age religions to understand Karma and the Law of Attraction, but its nice to have as background information.
I started reading about how to make your own dream board, where you stick up pictures which are used as ideas for the goal you want to reach. Such as a sports car and a love heart to represent the car you want to buy and the ability to settle down in a loving relationship. It’s something I thought I would look into and try out. At first, just reading about it was interesting but I thought it would be tricky. I was right; it’s quite tricky when you need to think more on what you want in life. That’s what obtaining dreams, accomplishing goals is all about; working hard!
The guideline they set out was as follows:
1) Make your dream map – this basically said that you should sit with a pen and paper and list down at least 25 or more things you would like to have in your life. Ask yourself different questions, like; what career do you want to have in the end? What kind of house will you live in? Are you in a relationship? Pets? Car? What car would you like ideally? What kind of things would you like, basically?
2) Use the Law of Attraction – Like attracts like. If you do something bad, then something bad will happen. If you do something good, something good will happen to you. Etc…
3) Take Baby Steps – to accomplish that goal, i.e. save up for the car/bag/house/shoes etc. But remember to take things slowly. Swap an unhealthy habit for a healthy one to improve health, diet and fitness for example.
4) Hold Your Focus – Don’t be negative, by saying how things won’t or might not happen. That’s how negative energy creeps in, and approaching your goal will be a little harder. If you think bad things, then don’t worry, measure them up to all the good things that have or are currently happening. Hold on to your dream gently, and focus hard, but at the same time, relax… if that makes any sense… hehe I can’t explain things well…
5) Take a Leap of Faith – its all in the title… Take a leap of faith, book that holiday! Consider buying that car… buy that book! But plan ahead to make sure you don’t end up in a rut… especially if it’s going to be a financial leap.
6) Enjoy the Journey – Connect with people, meditate and pray to a higher power to give you the extra energy to continue reaching your goal. Work out ways to reach it and enjoy it! Everyone wants happiness, so go get it! Enjoy it too! Even if that means taking time out from a stressful life.
7) Note What You Have Achieved – write down your achievements! Date them and sometimes it helps to write them on separate sheets and then crinkle them up. Look at what you have achieved! Don’t you feel good?? I know I would! Meditate on your success and continue to reach more goals for a better life!! x
This was really helpful, and even now I’m still listing things I would like in life. For now I shall leave you with the quote they used often:
‘Logistics will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.’ – A. Einstein.
More on my achievements in a later blog!